Thursday 19 July 2012

Past To Remember

Everybody has a past, many those they never want to remember. I have so many of those past that I’ll rather they be forgotten. no bad memory lanes yet, let’s just talk about the good ones first.
Mine for starters, was the first time I had the opportunity of singing in front of a crowd and by my definition of a crowd I mean a little over 20people. I remember it was an annual crusade then my church had just started, and I was in the boarding house and just got home for holidays so i hurried up to church, so excited to joining the choir that day and my definition of choir i mean a group of 5-7 people. opening prayers started and it took longer than usual we were waiting for our pastor if you are or where a church folk you would know what I mean. The brother leading the prayer got tired I guess then he call me ,I rushed up thinking he needed something, low and behold he just handed me the mic, oh God I shook and asked what I should do with it, he didn’t say anything or at least I didn’t hear anything, it felt like I should drop the mic and run to fast till I got home but I stood there for a while and I prayed looked up and saw people  praying. I took the first worship song and it felt like oh at last we can worship, I took the second third and praise just went on, it got to a stage I look at the brother he signaled that I carried on and I gladly did and for a while. from that day I was promoted from a seldom Tuesday prayer  meeting praise leader to a Thursday midweek praise leader. For me then it was a huge breakthrough. And since then God has been taking me from one level of glory to the other.


So what's your story.