Check out 15 things mature women don’t do in relationships.
1. They Don’t Sacrifice Other RelationshipsMany people drift apart from their friends during a relationship. While this is understandable during the initial ‘honeymoon’ period, it is important to remember that that your friends and family have been in your life for far longer than your partner. Mature women make sure they have a happy balance between all of their loved ones.
2. They Don’t Forget To Thank Their PartnerAfter you have been in a relationship for a while, it can be easy to forget to appreciate all of the little things that they do for you. Mature women realize that sharing your life with someone is a gift – so don’t forget to say please and thank you!
3. They Don’t Give Up Financial IndependenceNo matter how well off your partner is, completely giving up your financial independence can actually mean giving up your independence. Mature women don’t have to ask their partner for everything – it makes them feel proud and happy to be able to buy things with their own money.
4. They Don’t Focus On Their Partner’s Bad TraitsMature women try to focus on their partner’s best traits rather than the negative ones. They focus on the good things their partner does and says, and they try not to judge their partner for their flaws, instead understanding that they too have flaws.
5. They Don’t Give Up Their DreamsMature women understand that a great relationship doesn’t drag you down – instead, it should bring out the best in you. A good relationship encourages you to pursue your dreams, and a mature woman would struggle to be happy in a relationship if she stopped following her dreams.
6. They Don’t Think Their Version Of Happiness Is The Only OneMature women understand that everyone’s idea of happiness is different. If their partner enjoys space, they give it to them, and if they enjoy affection, they give them that instead. Most importantly, they do not make assumptions about how to make their partner happy.
7. They Don’t Give Up Their Self RespectIt is normal to change slightly during a relationship, but mature women don’t allow their relationships to take away their self-respect. They don’t allow their partners to speak to them negatively or condescendingly – they expect their partner to treat them just as well as everyone else in their life.
8. They Don’t Take “I Love You” LightlyMature women understand the importance of those three words, so they work hard to keep the words special, no matter how long they have been with their partner. They don’t say ‘I love you’ at the end of every conversation – instead they say it at the right moments, to show their partner how much they appreciate them.
9. They Don’t Give Up Their HappinessMature women understand the importance of their happiness, and that if they are not happy in a relationship, they shouldn’t be in one. They are aware that their partner is a part of their happiness, and should be someone who can bring them happiness when they are feeling sad.
10. They Don’t Feel Like They Need To Always Be In Contact With Their PartnerMature women do not need constant contact in their relationships, as they have their own busy lives. They are secure enough to trust their partner when they are not with them, and find non-stop emailing and texting to be a waste of their own time.
11. They Don’t Let Their Partner Make All The DecisionsIn a mature relationship both partners respect each other’s decisions. This can range from big decisions, such as getting married and having children, to smaller ones, like which restaurant to eat at tonight. Either way, your partner should always consider and respect your decisions – and vice versa!
12. They Don’t Share Their Relationship With The WorldMature women understand the value of keeping their relationship between themselves and their partner. They dislike the idea of the world knowing their business, so they avoid discussing their arguments on social media and instead focus on communicating with their partner to solve the problem.
13. They Don’t Give Up Their SpaceMature women know that no matter how great their relationship is, they still occasionally need time alone. From going to the gym to curling up with a good book, mature women value their time alone and actively seek out ‘me-time’.
14. They Don’t Resent Their Partner’s AchievementsMature women understand that loving someone means you want them to be as happy as possible. They embrace their partner’s happiness and celebrate their achievements with them, rather than holding their partners back for more selfish reasons.
15. They Don’t Give Up Their IdentityWhen you start a new relationship, it is normal to become interested in your partner’s hobbies and interests. It can be a lot of fun to share interests together, but mature women do not let themselves lose their own interests and hobbies for someone else. Instead, they remain interested in both their partner’s hobbies and their own.
Can you think of anything else that mature women don’t do in relationships? Comment your ideas below!